Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Corenat Rovarnus
Meroy
6 posters

The 'so guys how's it been' thread

kaede
    kaede

Heaven's Feel 7 : Medic
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Tohsaka

The 'so guys how's it been' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'so guys how's it been' thread

Post by kaede Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:25 am

Know what ya mean, I usually check here once a week, but work (fuck midnight launches), moving (pro tip, there is a reason houses in the desert tend to be lower cost), and assisting my cousin with moving in.

Anyway, long time no see, how have you been! If anyone here wants to talk/play games/ whatever, you can get aholod of me by adding me on steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mute_Gamer

Also quick question to anyone here, what would be a good MOBA to play for someone who has never played one? I got Smite installed but haven't played it yet.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Heaven's Feel 7 : Tohsaka

The 'so guys how's it been' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'so guys how's it been' thread

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:42 am

Oh god what is even the point of posting here, this place is dead. If you wanna talk about stuff make a thread on Church of ProZ.   drunken  Very Happy

As for a MOBA recommendation, I would say League of Legends but that's because I'm a 5 year veteran, I have no idea how friendly(or unfriendly) it would be to a newcomer.
    Pretty much all MOBAs have a steep learning curve, but it can feel rather rewarding as you start gaining mastery.

I found Dota2 very frustrating to play due to the sluggish turning and projectile speed. Haven't played Smite but its pretty different with the non-top down view
    Meroy

Heaven's Feel 7 : Shounen
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Matou

Post by Meroy Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Kaede you should start playing League. Been a while since I played with Corenat too.
    My name there is Meroy

Not much is happening with my life right now. Summer break. No school. Taking it easy, drinking way too much, working a bit, still living with my parents, etc.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:32 pm

I finished reading the Wheel of Time series, all 14 doorstopper volumes. Watched a lot of movies too, most of which were pretty crappy. Besides Age of Ultron of course.

Vikings and American Horror Story are both great TV shows.

Recently I've taken up programming again...wait...

goddamit meroy post on my forum Mad
    Meroy

Post by Meroy Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't even have the link to your forum anymore sweetie.
    Aelms

Heaven's Feel 7 : Einzbern
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Einzbern

Post by Aelms Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:39 pm

I STILL EXIST.

Me, Meroy and Corenat are pretty much online when the other two aren't lol.

Wonder how Rallas and Lucid is doing...
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:04 am

You'd better be joking Meroy, but on the off chance that you are actually as much of a fool as you say, the URL is churchofproz.forumotion.net

Unlike this site, I check my forum every day which lends a greater possibility to two or more of us having something that resembles a conversation.
    Aelms

Heaven's Feel 7 : Einzbern
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Einzbern

Post by Aelms Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:14 pm

It's ok Corenat. We can have a conversation.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 pm

NO WE CAN'T. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:40 am

Alright aelms and all you other nobodies, I started watching Log Horizon. The intro is pretty cool with the almost perfect engrish, but as with every other MMO anime out there, the game seems to have been designed by idiots, and played by idiots.

Thorn Bind Hostage remains on the target for a duration that is LONGER THAN THE ACTUAL COOLDOWN. I don't know about you but being permanently snared is not my idea of fun. I can only hope other CC spells aren't like that. Its damage is also unmitigated by defenses?

There does not appear to be any NPCs or mechanics that let you change your class, or at least "reset" your character if you want to try another path.

No sanctioned/official PvP or an arena. The good guys regard Player Killing as the worst thing you could do, bringing their outmoded moral compass over from the real world despite the fact that everybody knows you'll respawn. In fact, dying now becomes the quickest form of transportation barring the event that the intercity gates are restored.

I have a hard time believing the "bandits" are actual players, they just walk out into the open and deliver scripted lines just like NPCs!
    The nasty purple haired guy, there was nooooo reason for him to accept catman's "1v1 me faggot" demand instead of just ordering his goons to attack en masse. They're interested in profit and slaves, not honor and fair fights especially since they're already doing the "evil" of PKing. I'll admit shiroe's plan was pretty good but it hinged on the assumption that demikas would go for a 1v1.
    I almost had to facepalm, like I couldn't believe an actual human being would fall for that.
    If you've lived at all in real life, in the modern world, you ought to be trope-savvy enough to know that EVERY SINGLE TIME this happens in fiction, the guy with the bigger army is taking a really stupid risk which he always pays the price for. And the whole thing devolved into an all out skirmish anyway.

The clincher was at the end when he had 1 hit point left and all his thugs were routed, and he madly charged at the good guys anyway. This is some seriously cliche shit that should be reserved to NPCs.
    Meroy

Post by Meroy Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Actually, if you guys want to talk to me (except for Trollface Corenat), feel free to add me on skype.
    Name is ''Meroyjenkins'', that should find me.
    Oh, and you can even add me if you want Corenat, if you're lucky I won't think you're a bot.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:43 am

I dislike using skype, but I'll add you anyway because you said so.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Post by Lucid Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:07 am

Aelms wrote:I STILL EXIST.

Me, Meroy and Corenat are pretty much online when the other two aren't lol.

Wonder how Rallas and Lucid is doing...
    Still alive. Currently starting third year of school focusing on game studies.
    Meroy

Post by Meroy Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:46 pm

We really need to find a way so there isn't 1+ month between each reply.
    I just realised today my email for this forum is not my main one so I'm not receiving notifications there.
    kaede
    kaede

Heaven's Feel 7 : Medic
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Tohsaka

Post by kaede Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:34 am

You could go to Corenat's forum, it's active there. Join one of the couple of forum games or just come to chat. http://churchofproz.forumotion.net/
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Post by Lucid Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:29 am

Or you could use IRC... Still hanging out @ Rizon and Quakenet.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Just went on the rizon IRC, nobody's home. In any case, get on my forum you noob.
    Meroy

Post by Meroy Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:42 am

This reply is for the sole purpose of being the last person to post on this forum.

You will not outmatch me Corenat
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:00 am

Are you sure about that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content