Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Servant Battles #1 Sign-Up

Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Servant Battles #1 Sign-Up Empty Servant Battles #1 Sign-Up

Post by Lucid Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Welcome to Rule Breaker Servant Battles!
    I just don't know. I had the weirdest moment of nostalgia to host this game once again. Plus keeping small games like this going on might be a good idea to keep some activity going if some day I decide to finish RB2. I'm pretty sure everybody is familiar with the game, lets skip the intros. 7-8 players, voting will be done by members (drama). Since the old wiki is not up anymore this topic will have all the needed rules. There might have been changes, but you can probably skip most of it and just refer to the appropriate sections when making your servant.

Character Sheet
    Spoiler:
    Servant Classes
    Spoiler:

Servant Creation
    Stats
    Each class has their basic stats and how many stat points you may use to raise them. You may reduce each base stat by one to gain one extra stat point to use. Stats range from E to A+ where A+ can be achieved with skills only.
    For example Casters base stats are Strength E, Endurance E, Agility C, Mana A, and Luck B. I have two stat points to use so the final result could be something like this. Strength E, Endurance E, Agility B, Mana A, and Luck A.

Class and Personal Skills
    Servant points are the currency you build your servant with. The skill ranks range from E to EX. However A will be the limit in most cases, you need to have a really really good reason for A+ and EX ranks.
    One point is worth one rank in a skill. For example [Independent Action C] would be worth three points. Thus the point costs go as follow.
    E D C B A A EX
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7-8
    I'll trust that everybody is resourceful enough to look for the skills they need on their own. Type-Moon wikia is a good place to look.

Noble Phantasm
    Two servant points are worth one Noble Phantasm rank. Noble Phantasm ranks range from E to EX. Thus the point costs go as follow.
    E D C B A EX
    2 4 6 8 10 12-14
    After deciding on the rank modify the cost depending on their usage.
    • Support or Anti-Unit +0
    • Anti-Army +2
    • Anti-Fortress +4
    • Add + to the rank, multiply the total cost with [x1.5]
    • Add ++ to the rank, multiply the total cost with [x2]

For example Bellerophonm / Anti-Army / A would be 12 points
    — while Bellerophonm / Anti-Army / A+ would be 18 points.

Weapons
    For Noble Phantasm weapons use the rates above. Normal weapons such as Riders Dagger or Berserkers Axeclub cost one servant point per rank, ranging between E-A.

Bans
    I'm not going to bother setting up any bans this time. Just keep it original and within good taste (I'm looking at you Corenat) and hopefully we'll end up with 10% less drama than the previous games.

I haven't decided on the randomization elements. People could make a servant of any class they wanted or we could have one of each servant class. However Assassin and Caster would have low chances winning on that case. We also used to have the Environment randomization which I think is an important part. There was also the special cup where the servant is paired with a random master and voting is done on which pair would win. Right now I just want to know if we have any players interested. The process is fairly straightforward once you make your servant, just check in once in a while and vote on the threads.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Heaven's Feel 7 : Tohsaka

Servant Battles #1 Sign-Up Empty Re: Servant Battles #1 Sign-Up

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Wow this game sucks, but maybe your extra restrictions will change things for the better(psych) so I'm interested.
    kaede
    kaede

Heaven's Feel 7 : Medic
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Tohsaka

Post by kaede Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:44 pm

So any rules like no official servants? Also what about spells for a caster same as weapons? Also sense there are no bans does that mean even fictional servants?

In case you couldn't tell I'm interested.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:54 am

Guess we'll ban the servants already appeared in Fate series. Dunno about fictional servants. As long as they are interesting sure.
    Casters spell library is determined by skills. You make a skill that represents his spell library and then specify in lesser or more detail what kind of spells he has.

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Wow this game sucks, but maybe your extra restrictions will change things for the better(psych) so I'm interested.
    Giving each servant the same amount of points might not be too bad either. The current restrictions aren't based on any balancing, they just represent the overall power-levels of the classes.
    Red_Comet

Post by Red_Comet Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:04 pm

I'll join if you do this. Pamo is somewhat interested as well.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 am

So that's 3-4 people. +1 if I make one that would be ran through some other source to be accepted.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 am

Since we don't have enough people for single elimination tournament we could decide the winner with points. Each servant fights against each other servant once and the one with most wins, wins the game.
    With 4 players that's three fights per servant, about 3 weeks.
    With 5 players about 4 weeks.

Post once more on this topic for confirmation if you wish to take part.
    Corenat
    Kaede
    Red_Comet
    (Skraal)

One last thing. I decided that I'll take part on the game as well and vote normally on the threads. Don't let my votes influence your view on the battles. Also I'll run my servant through Rallasner or Corenat so the servants should stay balanced.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Wed May 02, 2012 2:21 am

No confirmation posts? Ma ikka. I've got another project on the way called Not RB2. Probably can work out the details in a week or so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:01 am