Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
kaede
Corenat Rovarnus
Lucid
7 posters

Rule Breaker Hiatus

Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Rule Breaker Hiatus Empty Rule Breaker Hiatus

Post by Lucid Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:00 am

50.000 People used to live here — now it's a ghost town.
    Rule Breaker Hiatus 2AhKv

Even though I see people log on to the site daily it's pretty obvious there is nothing major going on. Probably the only thing currently keeping couple here is the Dawn of Worlds RPG going on. The current Holy Grail War has been dead for a while, mainly due to my incompetence as a game-master to keep people interested. I think this whole site has been a good experience for me as learning game-mastering. Even better if there were people who had fun during these couple years were I was working on the RB system and running games on it. I received lots of help developing them and had some fun on the IRC channel.

I have no intentions no closing the site. I'm just going to stop working on the RB2 system and coldly kill the current HGW game. Not sure how the remaining players are going to react but I hope we can still keep in touch. I'm going to modify the forum sections so that all roleplay threads will be visible and most sections will remain open for posting. The DoW going isn't very time-consuming so finishing that won't be a problem.

You can still find me on IRC and I'll be posting random stuff on the forums from time to time — Nasuverse, Umineko and the usual.
    If you happen to have any comments or questions feel free to post them. I'll be happy to reply.

EDIT: As a side-note I'll be making some threads where you can find read about the masters and servants of both wars. I'll also make some general time-line of the planned plot.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Heaven's Feel 7 : Tohsaka

Rule Breaker Hiatus Empty Re: Rule Breaker Hiatus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Nice plot twist Grimwind, I didn't know that there were two Lancers Rolling Eyes I wish I got the one with the dragon
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Nice plot twist Grimwind, I didn't know that there were two Lancers Rolling Eyes I wish I got the one with the dragon
    Dragon Lancer is actually Rider. Fixed that.
    kaede
    kaede

Heaven's Feel 7 : Medic
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Tohsaka

Post by kaede Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Sucks that you are closing the rule breaker games. :(

Though a thought. Have you thought of doing something like what CR has done on his own site and have an open RP game set in the Nasuverse or something like Umineko? No complicated rules or anything just a freeform game.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:09 am

I suppose that wouldn't be too bad. Thought I would prefer that there were some sort of plot behind the whole RP.
    kaede
    kaede

Post by kaede Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 am

Then make a plot before you start the RP.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 am

Ok I have some serious issues after reading all the events.
    First, I think it was clear that the Collector was dealt a fatal blow in Fate II and "died", so why is he still alive in the following events, and if he didn't die, what was his deal?
    Where were you going with the Einzbern lolihomunculus that was clearly not White Len meeting up with select Masters?
    Then there is the Reality Marble problem. Did Caster's ability just temporarily dispel the effects or does it destroy the marble permanently?
    Belmont
    Belmont

Heaven's Feel 7 : Collector
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Traveler

Post by Belmont Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 am

I can answer two of those questions, Corenat.

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:First, I think it was clear that the Collector was dealt a fatal blow in Fate II and "died", so why is he still alive in the following events, and if he didn't die, what was his deal?

I had this perk:

[Regeneration] At higher Healing Levels, the character’s body will revive itself if clinically dead but not actually brain-dead (Level 3+)

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Then there is the Reality Marble problem. Did Caster's ability just temporarily dispel the effects or does it destroy the marble permanently?

Caster's NP enforces the natural state of the battlefield only as long as the NP is active, so it was only temporarily dispelled, which is why Assassin still had to pay prana to upkeep the Reality Marble.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 am

Wow is that how regeneration works...

Oh yeah if you came back to life why did you still lose your command seals? And why did you have to kill Caster?
    Belmont
    Belmont

Heaven's Feel 7 : Collector
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Traveler

Post by Belmont Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Wow is that how regeneration works...

Oh yeah if you came back to life why did you still lose your command seals? And why did you have to kill Caster?

I had already used up all command spells by the time Caster died. The reason why I sent him off to his death had to do with a plan I had in mind but it didn't work at all.
    Aelms

Heaven's Feel 7 : Einzbern
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Einzbern

Post by Aelms Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Both kaede_ and RMX were taken out of the war by Collector in one move :/
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:13 am

Along with a certain other insignificant character...
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Wed May 16, 2012 6:52 am

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Ok I have some serious issues after reading all the events.
    First, I think it was clear that the Collector was dealt a fatal blow in Fate II and "died", so why is he still alive in the following events, and if he didn't die, what was his deal?
    Where were you going with the Einzbern lolihomunculus that was clearly not White Len meeting up with select Masters?
    Then there is the Reality Marble problem. Did Caster's ability just temporarily dispel the effects or does it destroy the marble permanently?

Sorry with the late reply but I just read this whole and noticed the Len question. Basically she was the grail host from previous war. When the grail was buried/destroyed she retained her form but mixed with Avenger.
    Spoiler:
    While the servant count is still high she retains her previous form and attempts to leave messages to the new masters without agitating the sleeping Avenger too much. Basically if anybody would have acted hostile against her she would have gone apeshit and all that. The meetings were randomized.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Wed May 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Aelms wrote:Both kaede_ and RMX were taken out of the war by Collector in one move :/
    But he still almost died and had to work with you. Belmont had all the cards stacked in his favor, and lost them because his plan didn't work out. Just goes to show that teamwork is actually important in this game. Take that Meroy.

Meroy

Heaven's Feel 7 : Shounen
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Matou

Post by Meroy Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 am

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:
    Aelms wrote:Both kaede_ and RMX were taken out of the war by Collector in one move :/
    But he still almost died and had to work with you. Belmont had all the cards stacked in his favor, and lost them because his plan didn't work out. Just goes to show that teamwork is actually important in this game. Take that Meroy.

You're clearly unaware of my epic teamwork with Aelms-kun (Where let's be honest, I did 80% of the job)
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:00 pm

I recall on IRC you laughed at me, saying something along the lines of "Who'd team up with you?"
    Aelms lacked skills, intelligence, and combat power, it's no surprise you did most of the work, you could have just killed him and taken his Servant and it would not have been significantly detrimental to your side.
    Meroy

Heaven's Feel 7 : Shounen
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Matou

Post by Meroy Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 am

I was planning to, eventually, but I had to talk to his master. Meh.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm

NOt dead, gonna do a agame o f Pahntom Thamshii for cahnge of spade. MAybe do RB 2 after taht, ot top pruotprut.
    EDIT: DO different RP for change then RB 2mayhbe. Deoends o nplot ideasl.
    EDID;T: Tomrow fi.x
    Jad
    Jad

Heaven's Feel 6 : Wanderer

Post by Jad Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:25 am

Lucid ... you've been drinking without me again T_T.

Lucid wrote:NOt dead, gonna do a agame o f Pahntom Thamshii for cahnge of spade. MAybe do RB 2 after taht, ot top pruotprut.
    kaede
    kaede

Post by kaede Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Care to translate what you said grimgrim?

Also jad if you can get to California in roughly two hours you can come drinking with me and my friends.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:32 pm

I don't think I'd type so badly even if I was drunk.
    Jad
    Jad

Heaven's Feel 6 : Wanderer

Post by Jad Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 am

Two hours is cutting it too short (need to apply for a passport first and that is 2+ months in my country xD)
    Well who knows maybe someday I'll find my dream job and will have loose time to visit places.
    And if the offer still stands I would gladly show up.

kaede wrote:Care to translate what you said grimgrim?

Also jad if you can get to California in roughly two hours you can come drinking with me and my friends.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 am

NOt dead, gonna do a agame o f Pahntom Thamshii for cahnge of spade. MAybe do RB 2 after taht, ot top pruotprut.
    Not dead, gonna do a game of Phantom Tamashii for change (of spade). Maybe do RB2 after that (something).
    EDIT: Do different RP for change then RB 2 maybe. Depends on plot ideas.
    EDIT: Tomorrow fix. (Which I obviously forgot about)

Don't know if I'm gonna follow up to this idea, seems pretty good actually. I've been wanting to work on Phantom Tamashii system for a while now but the project got buried. Rule Breaker hiatus is going to continue though, I need plot ideas for Argon Coin.

EDIT: Phantom Tamashii is actually another project I buried a long time ago. The real thing I wanted to work on is named Unlimited Phantom Records. Not that it makes much of a difference since I only remember sharing it with couple people way back.

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:I don't think I'd type so badly even if I was drunk.
    You should see the text messages I sent to my friends while drunk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:38 am