Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System

Poll

Which one you prefer?

[ 2 ]
    Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_left50%Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_left0%Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_left25%Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_left25%Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Empty Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System

Post by Lucid Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Some pondering has been done on the IRC channel and we've come up with three different battle systems which could be developed for RB2. Here are small descriptions for each. You can vote for multiple options if you think they are all playable.

1. Fate/Extra Battles
    Basically rock-paper-scissor system. Doesn't need as much number handling as the current system and is more straightforward. No battle map and no movement. Suprise attacks are events that are handled differently. With some changing it could even become very unique battle system.
    If you wanna read more:
    > http://rule-breaker.wikispaces.com/Rule+Breaker+2.0
    > https://rulebreaker.rpg-board.net/t340-two-suggestions

2. Action Points
    Action Points are required to use actions. They regenerate at the start of your turn and can be affected by different status effects. So kind of a stamina system. You need more AP for more tedious attacks and tasks. This would easily create a system where you have to balance your points and decide when to use them. There could be a soft cap on how many action points you can spend per turn before each extra action starts to cost more — and hard cap which is the maximum you can use per turn. New stat to keep track of.
    If you wanna read more:
    > http://rule-breaker.wikispaces.com/Rule+Breaker+2.0
    > https://rulebreaker.rpg-board.net/t318-battle-system-action-points-and-skill-points

3. Current System
    Develope current system further. Map has to go away though. Many have experienced the current battle system so not much to say about it.

3.5 Current System With More Actions
    Same system expect you can do more actions per turn. So for example you could do three different attacks which would speed things up a bit.
    kaede
    kaede

Heaven's Feel 7 : Medic
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Tohsaka

Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System Empty Re: Rule Breaker 2.0 Battle System

Post by kaede Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:18 pm

I would perfer something like the extra battle system due to it being simple to pick up for new players but in my opinion relies too much on luck and hoping that the enemy makes a wrong move.

I would also go for a revised current system as long as masters/slower people would be able to take actions sooner instead of servants/people who invested in agility having more attack opportunities.

The action point system reminds me of the battle system of the game breath of fire 5 and could work for this but would add another stat to keep track of which may be a bit of a turn off for new players (if we ever get any.)

Just my two cents merry xmas people.
    Belmont
    Belmont

Heaven's Feel 7 : Collector
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Traveler

Post by Belmont Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:46 am

I like both the current system and the modified current system because these two battle systems allow the best flow of actions and rely less on luck when compared to the Fate/Extra system. The modified system would allow players to take more actions in a single turn which could help reducing the length of battles and also make some stats more important if they grant extra actions. I also believe that this system is not too hard to learn considering that some things will be simplified (namely skills) and without a map it will take less effort than before (and be less messy). One or two example battles would be ideal as they should answer most questions a player has regarding this system.

The Action Point system was designed with Vampire Hunt in mind, which means that there would always be groups of players fighting. Another negative of this system is that at least 3 more values would have to be tracked (AP, SP and AP regeneration) and when certain skills and abilities come into play it would only complicate everything further.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Post by Lucid Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:37 am

Bump for comments.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:12 am