Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Co-Writer

Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Co-Writer Empty Co-Writer

Post by Lucid Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 am

The development of RB2 was going on smoothly a month ago, but lately I haven't had the time to focus on it. Even though I have toyed with lots of ideas they never seem to make it to the rulebook. I was thinking if somebody would be interested to invest some time to just talk about the rules and helping on writing them clean. We had couple talk sessions like these on the IRC channel some time back, mostly with Sareth but Meroy shared his views as well.

It would be probably the easiest to have set time which works for everybody. After each session we share the ideas between writers and write them clean. We can work out the details during the first session. If there are people from multiple timezones then IRC might not work and we will have to resort to forum messaging.

The first session is going to be plot and character creation related. Nasuverse is kinda vast and has multiple settings with many themes. It would be kinda hard to fit all those themes so that each character players create can be used on all campaigns. As such it might be a good idea to create some sort of basic setting around all the major organizations. But altering the nasuverse too much might make it feel too different from the series. Then there's the battle system. Basically similar to the current battle system but with less hassle, hopefully.

Oh and here is attached the current rule book. You can skim through it and bring things up on the discussion meeting.
    Attachments
    Co-Writer AttachmentRB2.pdf
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (802 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Heaven's Feel 7 : Tohsaka

Co-Writer Empty Re: Co-Writer

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:33 am

Lol sure I'll join in the trolling just set a time and date, I can roll with your zones.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Lol sure I'll join in the trolling just set a time and date, I can roll with your zones.
    Thanks for the offer but you're so far the only people on this forum I'm not comfortable giving writing assignments. You will be just spamming all the memes and pop culture references you can think of to the rules. You've shown that quite well on RB and DoW already.
    However you can join the first sessions for giving ideas and general feedback. After that we'll see.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:37 pm

You never said I couldn't, but if you really don't want that then I won't do it in whatever it is we are writing.
    Meroy

Heaven's Feel 7 : Shounen
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Matou

Post by Meroy Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 am

you're so far the only people on this forum I'm not comfortable giving writing assignments.

OH YEAH I have more credibility than someone.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Don't you feel special
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin