Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Belmont
Lucid
6 posters

Oh Dear..

Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Oh Dear.. Empty Oh Dear..

Post by Lucid Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:18 am

I think we gotta start looking for some middle-ground on how to finish this RP in two weeks. That's how much time we've got before I go inactive. I know that people were joining this site to participate in real Holy Grail War role-play rather than something like Servant Battles forum game. The characters are made so that they don't only focus on defensive or offensive abilities. But here are some facts.

4 events finished.
    12 posts average on one event.
    Depending both posters timezones an event has ranged between 2-5 days.
    There haven't been any real battles yet and I can say they will probably take much longer to finish because I need to reply to them if questions are asked.

I might have been too optimistic to launch this game with hastily scribbled rules. Many many many questions have been asked about it and I'm sure more will be which will take some time as well. I've received reports of some loopholes in the game.

Currently there are no events taking place, just a word and I will continue with the game. I'll give everybody 48 hours to post their thoughts. Post! Anything you have in mind post it. How should we go about making this shorter? Should we go with the tournament style Servant Battles which would really suck balls because there are some really great characters people thought up and they don't have any time to develop. After that we could have everybody expose their character data and hold some polls like Character with Best Background or best Master and Servant Pair. It's not much but we could use this idea as a last resort. If you have better ideas post them, this game was made for you people, lets end it so that there won't be any regrets.
    Belmont
    Belmont

Heaven's Feel 7 : Collector
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Traveler

Oh Dear.. Empty Re: Oh Dear..

Post by Belmont Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:23 am

I do not have any other ideas aside the ones I have already told you:

1. A penalty if someone does not post within 24 hours, they lose their turn, the Game Master takes their turn or something along those lines.

2. Bad End starts next week - this is not an idea I like too much but this is probably the best option.

Meroy

Heaven's Feel 7 : Shounen
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Matou

Post by Meroy Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:38 am

I'm fine with this taking one year :o
    RMX
    RMX

Heaven's Feel 7 : Phantom Trader
    Heaven's Feel 6 : The Private Doctor

Post by RMX Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:58 am

I agree with Meroy. I don't really mind this game being on hold for a bunch of months.
    Maybe there's even the possibility someone else could fill your spot as GM.
    Autoresolve after 24 hours is acceptable, too.
    Rallasner
    Rallasner

Heaven's Feel 7 : Game-Master
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Retired Overseer

Post by Rallasner Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 am

A WILD RALL APPEARS.
    RALL USES TAKEOVER!
    SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    CRITICAL HIT!
    Grimwind has fainted!
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:25 am

Rallasner wrote:A WILD RALL APPEARS.
    RALL USES TAKEOVER!
    SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    CRITICAL HIT!
    Grimwind has fainted!
    Basically Rallasner is interested on taking over while I go inactive. I'll be guiding him through this messy system and all. Besides he knows more about nasuverse than me so he should feel right at home.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:46 am

Rule changes have occured, read Round/Movement and Stat threads. Especially make note of AGI and Magical Awareness stats and how they reflect to the new movement system. We are currently on hour 24:00 of the first day, as such the game will resume with the new movement system so we can catch on the 24-hour span cycle. It's day two people!
    Jad
    Jad

Heaven's Feel 6 : Wanderer

Post by Jad Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Ideas ideas ideas...
    Less user input in fights. Instead of input on every turn we could do a more chess based move. Like post a conditional action guide. If player has below 50 hp use NP if no more mana kill a passing human.
    This will reduce the user input but also the role play that got us here. Well we could make a story post when a fight is finished based on battle results.
    Rallasner
    Rallasner

Heaven's Feel 7 : Game-Master
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Retired Overseer

Post by Rallasner Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Less user input in fights isn't a bad idea, however limiting both the actions and the role play of it like that I don't think would work out well. Chess-styled movement during fights might work however, set up a grid thats say 25x25, start them at opposite ends. Well, let's see what grim grim says when he's around again~
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:52 am

Ugh, I wanted to avoid having grid based battles. It's not a bad idea but I would need to work new rules again. Besides it doesn't have much freedom for spontaneous movements like jumping to top of a building or entering a house for battle.

Less user input in fights.
    I'll consider it. However situations change, there are lots of different things that can happen in battle. It's not always that simple to use guided actions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:45 am