Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Vampire Hunt Wishes

Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Vampire Hunt Wishes Empty Vampire Hunt Wishes

Post by Lucid Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 am

I know many haven't got to test the new battle system yet. But you should have gotten general idea of the other concepts of the game system by now. You can post here what you feel like should stay or should be removed from the current game system for Vampire Hunt. I'd appreciate if you would take the time to share your ideas.

Here are some things I've been planning so far.
    • Making the rules more game like. This was already the theme when I was making the new rules for the 7th Holy Grail War, but it feels like I didn't achieve that completely. There are still some uncertainties when I make event threads. I need to first post on the character movement threads something which might drag the whole process before the actual event starts. The new rules will still have role-playing elements, I'm not going to remove that.
    • Simpler stat and skill system. I might even go as far as to reduce stats to only three or four choices. And change the skills to perks instead.
    • Simpler character creation. I will reduce the amount of character points drastically and re-balance the current perks and defects. There will be less perks with more adaptability. I'll write more about the perks later. The defects will become more detailed and self-managed by rolling dices. I'll also set new limitations to character creation. I feel like the current abilities characters have are straying too much from nasuverse.
    • Simpler battle system. The battlefield will be return to the abstract theme. Start of battle you will have to create a formation for your team. The formation consists of rows. Melee, ranged and super-range. More about battle system later. Damage, armor, combat values and defending they will all go through changes.
    • More emphasis on teamwork. Before character creation it might be a good idea to discuss with your team what kind of characters each should make. The starting vampires have more character points to spend than the church players. The vampires will also become stronger as the game goes on because they keep creating more minions or turn church players to vampires. The church team needs to have a good mix of scouting and battle abilities. The church team will also have access to a team-pool of character points which can be used during the game.

Some things I'm not sure of yet.
    • Having another plot going on the background. I think there is already enough going on with the players fighting against each other and creating the role-playing element. But I could add a third force in the game that could affect the outcome of things if players want it.
    • Changing game rounds system. Either use the current one action per round system. Or have action points which you can use to do multiple things in one area during a round.
      Movement and amount of rounds per day will most likely stay the same.
    • Game map. I might recycle the Fuyuki City map. I don't have any map of Misaki but I could try creating one.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Vampire Hunt Wishes Empty Re: Vampire Hunt Wishes

Post by Lucid Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:33 pm

only thing I slightly disagree with is the simpler character creation

I'll quickly add more to this topic. I'll probably categorize things to spells, special attacks and weapons - things like that. Then there are levels for each of them, lets say for now from 1 to 7. Each level has examples from nasuverse what level that skill or weapon would be. They have damage and armor limits. If you decide to purely focus on damage with a skill, you can't add any special attributes to it. However if you lower the damage of the skill, you can add different effects to it.

Character points and stat points will most likely stay seperate. Skill points might not stay. And I might add a seperate point category for specializations. Specializations govern profiency on weapon and spell usage and some supportive skills.
    Father Vincent

Heaven's Feel 7 : Supervisor
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Supervisor

Post by Father Vincent Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Vampires should be able to plan for more points than the humans, but should start out weaker. They should only be stronger than the humans after they have made minions, etc.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:19 pm

The minions they gather can be used in battle as a meatshield in start. However some of them have a chance to gain higher rank and gain more battle abilities. Also they can turn the church members to vampires.
    If you think they should get more points during the game, I could make a rule that they receive a certain amount of points depending on from how many humans they have sucked blood from. The blood the minions gather counts too but it's worth less than the blood you suck yourself.

There are couple or restrictions for the vampires too. Once they start sucking blood they need to get it at certain intervals. Most of their abilities are unusable during the day. At certain point they will reach a level where they can move effortlessly during the day too though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:38 am