Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Movement System Poll

Poll

Which movement system you prefer?

[ 4 ]
    Movement System Poll Bar_left50%Movement System Poll Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Movement System Poll Bar_left50%Movement System Poll Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Movement System Poll Bar_left0%Movement System Poll Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Movement System Poll Empty Movement System Poll

Post by Lucid Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:42 am

So I'm working on the movement system now.
    http://rule-breaker.wikispaces.com/Game+Rounds

One Day = 4 rounds

I've been sketching this realistic movement system. Similar to the system we had in previous game. Instead this time you post your movements depending on movement points your character has. Your movement points depend on means you have to move around the town. Walking slow, cars fast and servants best. You have certain number of movement points per round, the more time you use on moving to areas the less time you have to explore them. You just post a general idea what you want to do on that area during the rounds. With some balancing this idea could work out well.

But there's another option which is more game-like but unrealistic. During each round you can pick any area (only one) and write what you want to do in that area within that time. You can stroll around the town for one round and be on the other side of the map the another. At starters seem kinda bad idea but it could work. Depends on how realistic you want to make the game. As I see it this sacrifices some game-quality but hastens turns on the side. Of course I could add some sort of restrictions to the movement if I get some good ideas.
    RMX
    RMX

Heaven's Feel 7 : Phantom Trader
    Heaven's Feel 6 : The Private Doctor

Movement System Poll Empty Re: Movement System Poll

Post by RMX Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 am

I'll just paste my idea here

[RMX_] just make it so a human can only be in one area during one turn
    [RMX_] and for example vehicles lets you move from one area to an adjacent one once during a turn
    [RMX_] but you might miss stuff
    [RMX_] as for servants it should depend on the servant
    [Grimwind] one area during one turn?
    [RMX_] if you start on 3 for example
    [RMX_] you should be able to choose to explore 3 or any adjacent zones, but you wouldn't be able to move from there until the turn is over or you used a vehicle, or some special event
    Jad
    Jad

Heaven's Feel 6 : Wanderer

Post by Jad Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 am

I'll go with the unrealistic approach. The way I see it we don't need to choke the game master with too much data.
    Trying to get too many things go right will end up being bad. Cars or other forms of transportation don't have to be a perk its just plain dumb.
    The action takes place in a modern world and a modern world has methods of transportation for the masses so the movement points kind of fail in this instance.
    Movement points should be used for combat only situations. Map movement should be done via transportations that ultimately decides how much you can move per day/round. For example if the master walks he will only visit the square he is standing on (going to the next one to it would take him a day)
    If he chooses to use the bus/taxi/subway to go from point a to c he will get there in efficient time but he will pass events in point b (this is if a,b,c are collinear) events from b can be noticed if it is a area scale event (flashes of light/explosions/summoned gigantic pillars and the likes)
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:24 pm

4-4
    Agh.. I'll work my dead brain-cells and think up something between them. Something that hastens things up but you can't jump around the map too fast.
    Meroy

Heaven's Feel 7 : Shounen
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Matou

Post by Meroy Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm

I thought the point of a RP was to get a realistic feel, which is not given by being on two sides of the map in a 1-hour interval
    Xenovent
    Xenovent

Heaven's Feel 6 : The Medium

Post by Xenovent Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

My reasoning for my vote was because this is exactly what you can do in Ataraxia (j/k), and while it does make it less realistic, it also makes the flow easier, kind of as Jad said. It's an experiment, sure, but I think ease of access will be important here. Worth a shot, no?
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:00 pm

I decided on something between them. Poll closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:30 am